Firstly, thank you so much for your votes and vocal support in the IGF this year: winning the Audience Award was a career highlight for us so far and you made it happen.
As some of you will have noticed, we recently launched some new free features for Frozen Synapse. Here they are:
– Hotseat Mode
Local multiplayer comes to Frozen Synapse! Play against another human (or semi-human) using one computer.
– Timed Turns
This forces a time-limit on turn submission, a bit like Speed Chess.
– Preset Multiplayer Maps
Non-randomised maps for competitive play. The first one (“Calliope”) is live now and we hope to launch another soon. We hope you like these maps: do drop us a line and let us know what you think of them, as well as the sort of map you’d like to see in future.
Just log in to FS and update to get hold of those.
Today also marks the launch of “Frozen Synapse: Red”, our first paid expansion pack.
Have a look at this trailer:
Here is the features list:
– Full co-op (2 vs. AI) for the single player campaign
– A new unit (riot shield)
– A new multiplayer game mode (“Upload”)
– Three mutators (gameplay modifiers for advanced users)
– 15-mission single player campaign
– 10 single player challenge missions
– 6 additional music tracks by nervous_testpilot (2 previously available in the Humble Indie Bundle)
– Original music tracks “Deeper” and “Focus” unlocked during gameplay
– “Impeccable Micro”, a free chiptune album from _ensnare_
– The infamous “Red Mode”: it makes things red….
– All online features, including co-op, can be shared between expansion owners and non-owners, meaning that there is no division in the community
Frozen Synapse: Red is available now from www.frozensynapse.com and Steam, with other distributors to follow shortly.
A lot of work has gone into making Red: we hope you like it. If you have any questions, issues or comments then comment away.
If I buy the DLC from Y, will it work with X?
Yes. If you purchase direct and want to play on Steam, you’ll need to activate your DLC key on Steam. That should be the only faff.